Faculty of Law
PhD in Law, Associate Professor
The reasons to choose us:
- Leading scientific legal center of the Volga region of Russia, member of The Association of Law Schools, accredited by the Association of Lawyers of Russia and certified by GOSTR ISO 9001-2001, Cro Cert and IQNet.
- 11 structural divisions: 7 specialized departments, Research Institute of anti-corruption, Volga region center for legal reconciliation (mediation), Legal clinic, Public Reception of the Prosecutor's office of the Republic of Tatarstan.
- Students are trained in a multi-level system – bachelor's, master's and postgraduate studies. Bachelor's degrees are taught in the following profiles: "Civil law and "Criminal law". Undergraduates are trained in the following programs: "Civil law; business law; private international law" and "Criminal law and criminology; criminal Executive law".
- We have created our own scientific schools headed by major Russian scientists. 5. Students and postgraduates of leading law schools study textbooks, manuals and monographs of the Faculty professors. The Faculty members act as consultants and experts in solving important legal issues. The range of scientific contacts of the Faculty covers Russia, the CIS and the Baltic States.
- Master classes and public lectures on legal issues from leading scientists and practitioners, major public and state figures of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tatarstan.
- The Federal scientific peer-reviewed journal "Actual Problems of Economics and Law" is published. It is included in the list of leading journals recommended by the Higher Attestation Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- Partners of the Faculty are legislative, executive, judicial authorities, local governments, large industrial enterprises, institutions, credit organizations of the Republic of Tatarstan and beyond.
- The Faculty is a platform for the unique Republican project "School of the future investigator" and "School Judicial Department", organized by the investigative Department of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Tatarstan and the Office of the Judicial Department in the Republic of Tatarstan.
- Participation in schools allows students of the Faculty to learn in practice the work of judicial and investigative bodies and find a job.
- More than 10 thousand graduates work in their specialty in junior, middle and senior positions in government and management bodies, commercial and non-profit organizations.
First published in the Republic of Tatarstan «Law book for secondary schools» (the base and profile levels in electronic and paper version) is the collective result of the work of our Faculty.
The Faculty is working closely with representative bodies, executive and judicial authorities in order to better integrate theoretical knowledge with practice taught at the Faculty and identify the most relevant themes for students’ research activities. We include practitioners in the state certification committee; determine them as heads of graduation projects. Major public figures and statesmen of the republic have classes with students. Several faculty members combine teaching with work in the organs of the Lawyers Association, legal departments of various organizations. The Faculty lecturers often serve as consultants and experts in various organizations or individuals in solving important legal issues.
Many of the graduates, they are more than 1000, work in senior positions in various law enforcement agencies of the Republic of Tatarstan and beyond. In the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Tatarstan and at the Apparatus of Magistrates there are 29 graduates of the Institute of Economics, Management and Law and 2 employees combine work and study at the correspondence department of the Institute. Over 20 of the most gifted graduates have stayed at the Institute on teaching, and many of them have defended their dissertations.
For high-quality training the Law Faculty of KIU ( IEML) has its own building of total area of more than one thousand square meters, with modern classrooms, two of them are equipped with multimedia for interactive and communicative teaching of lawyers.
The achieved level of the Faculty training and research is high. The Law Faculty is developing; it withstood the test of maturity and has high scientific, creative and human potential to solve the most difficult tasks in the educational, scientific and legal fields.